Teacher, Full Time: Temporary,
Sefton Schools, Crosby, Merseyside, Scale: MPR, Internal reference number: 05000
Ursuline Catholic PrimarySchool,
Tel: 0151 924 1704
KS2 class Teacher
Required from 7th January 2019
The Governors are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner to join our team. We are seeking a colleague who:
• is passionate about teaching and learning
• has high expectations of children
• is innovative, enthusiastic and flexible
• is committed to developing the whole child
• works well as part of a team
• is willing to be involved in the whole life of the school and committed to working with parents and the wider community
• is a practising Catholic or sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the school
We can offer:
• the opportunity to work in a happy, welcoming and caring school
• conscientious, supportive and enthusiastic staff
• good opportunities for career development
• motivated children who are keen to learn
• supportive parents and governors.
All applications must be received by 12.00 noon on 1st October 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by telephone on 05/10/2018.
On Thursday 11th October 2018 candidates will be required to teach an English lesson and Mathematics lesson for approximately 30 minutes each to a mixed ability class. At the end of the morning, the selected candidates will be called for the formal interview.
The decision of the appointment panel will be informed by the following:
• application form and supporting letter
• lesson observation
• performance during formal interview
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Application forms are available on request from the school (please provide self addressed envelope with appropriate postage) or may be downloaded using the Catholic Education Service website http://www.cesew.org.uk. They should be returned to the Head Teacher with an accompanying letter of application.
Completed Application forms are to be returned to Ursuline Catholic Primary School, Nicholas Road, Blundellsands L23 6TT. They can be emailed via email@example.com
Job description and Person specification
Closing Date: 12.00 noon Friday 5th October 2018
You can also visit the school prior to applying on Thursday 27th September 3.30pm.